Thursday, December 24, 2009

What linux based os can i boot from a usb flash drive?

Ok i need a linux os that i can boot on my computer from my flash drive. I need one that can connect to my dsl on my downstairs comp through a linksys wireless adapter. Ive tried knoppix i couldn't get a signal, i tried unbuntu but it just leaves me at a huge comman prompt with nothing to enter in it. I'm about to try DSL linux. I've only tried these. Oh andi don't know what wireless card i have if any and i have a westell modem and a wireless g router on the one with dsl. Oh and the one running dsl is windows xpWhat linux based os can i boot from a usb flash drive?
Maybe you should start your linux/wireless adventure by answering one thing.


You stated ';Oh andi don't know what wireless card i have if any ....';.


I suspect getting a wireless connection would will be very difficult if you in fact have no wireless card. That bit of info might be something you need to resolve.





Good LuckWhat linux based os can i boot from a usb flash drive?
DSL Linus is the Defacto, BUT PuppyLinux has really grown on me, It is more like a full linux distro

No comments:

Post a Comment