Thursday, December 24, 2009

What do I need to purchase to make flash on my website?

this is my first attempted website and my friend has requested flash across the top banner. I have front page already and need to know what program I need to use flash on the website. There are so many choices on Adobe and price is definitely a factor.What do I need to purchase to make flash on my website?
Macromedia Flash MXWhat do I need to purchase to make flash on my website?
';Flash CS3 Professional'; is the product you need, and you can download a free trial version (when trials are available again next week). It's very expensive to buy. If you're planning on becoming a professional webdesigner then eventually you'll also need Dreamweaver and Photoshop, so you could consider buying the whole package, like ';CS3 Web Premium';, rather than buying each separately which costs more in the long run.





Unfortunately Flash has a very steep learning curve. If this is a paid job then I recommend out-sourcing that part of the website design, rather than buying expensive software that takes a long time to learn. If you try to do it yourself and fail then you'll miss the deadline and look bad.





If this is a voluntary job then I recommend explaining to your friend that it'll take a while for you to learn Flash, so you'll begin with an ordinary image for the banner and add the Flash later. Tell him that alternatively he could pay a Flash developer to create the banner for you to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment