Monday, December 28, 2009

How do I move a file from a Mac to a flash drive?

I bought an ativa 1 gb USB flash drive, and I own a MacBook. I am trying to move important files onto my flash drive in case my Mac crashes, etc.





PLEASE HELP!!! NEED ANSWER! BEST ANSWER WILL GET 10 POINTS!!How do I move a file from a Mac to a flash drive?
the usb flash shows on the desktop as an icon when plugged in, just drag the files you want so save to this from finder





ie open finder select the folder/files you want to save (highlight them) and drag them to the usb icon that will be on the desktopHow do I move a file from a Mac to a flash drive?
There's no telling how the factory left it. Open DiskUtility and format the drive to completely erase it and start fresh.





When you format it,


choose HFS+ if you're only using it with a Mac.


choose MS-DOS (FAT) if you'll also be using it with a windows box.





After that, simply drag files to it's icon on the desktop or at the side of any window.
plug it in. open the drive on the desktop and drag the files onto it.
it is the same way with any computer, just drag and drop
  • lubricants oil
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment