Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do I have to know HTML before Flash or can I take a class that covers both Flash and Action Script?

I'm just starting out in web design. I know the basics of Photoshop and Illustrator.Do I have to know HTML before Flash or can I take a class that covers both Flash and Action Script?
Flash and HTML don't really have a lot to do with each other. You'll need to know a little bit of HTML to embed you movies on a web page, but when you publish your movie in Flash it actually will create the page for you.





You may want to learn that stuff in the future because you can make Flash interact with Javascript variables but you have to start there.Do I have to know HTML before Flash or can I take a class that covers both Flash and Action Script?
Hi! You will ned to know a bit about HTML as you will need to embed your Flash movie into your page. If you are really serious about web design then a good knowledge of HTML is highly recommended.





ActionScript, as I am sure you know, is an integral part of Flash and you will find it a lot to get your head around, but before you enrol in any classes download a trial version of Flash and have a play about. I really would learn some HTML before I jumped into Flash as it is a more logical progression.

No comments:

Post a Comment