Thursday, December 24, 2009

Are the Flash Cards and the Final Review CD Useful in the Becker CPA Review?

Hi Guys, I'm enrolling in the Becker CPA Review. The cost of the Review is covered by my Company but not add-ons like the flash cards and the final review CD. I am doing self study CD. Do you think it would be a good idea to purchase the flash cards and the final review CD as well? They are kind of pricey for a poor student especially the final review, but I willing to buy if they are actually useful.Are the Flash Cards and the Final Review CD Useful in the Becker CPA Review?
I took Becker live courses. The CD's you get will be exactly the same as the CD's we watched in class. You will also get the same books and passmaster software as we got in class. All that is more than enough to pass the exam! If you study what they tell you to study in the lectures, do the ';required homework'; (really no need to do the ';supplemental HW';), all the sims, and at take at least one of the practice exams, you will be golden. Do not waste money on the final review CD.





I also bought the flashcards. They really aren't that great. I had to write all over the Becker flashcards I used b/c many of them did not make sense. I even set some of Becker's FC's aside - they were useless. I made MANY MANY flashcards of my own while studying - I think you learn a lot better if you make your own. Just the act of writing the info down will make it stick :)





Good luck!Are the Flash Cards and the Final Review CD Useful in the Becker CPA Review?
The Becker flashcards are not very detailed. I'm obviously not an objective party, but that is my opinion. Good luck on the exam!
Don't waste your money on the final review. I used the Becker program (live classes) and even our instructors said that the final review was not necessary (or worth the money). Simply stick to the Becker program, do the homework, and put in the study time and you should be fine. By the way, there is no difference between the live class and the CDs. All we did at the live classes was watch the CDs!





I do know some people that have used and liked the flashcards, but that really depends on how you are used to studying. I did not use them and passed all four sections on my first try. If you are used to studying with flashcards, they may be worth the money. If you have not studied that way in the past, forget them.





Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment