Friday, January 8, 2010

What will happen if i use a national pe-210m flash on my eos 1000d?

As far as i know this flash is incompatible to my camera but i tried using it and still it works.What will happen if i use a national pe-210m flash on my eos 1000d?
The worst that can happen is that it literally fries the circuitry in the camera.





I can't find anything useful about your flash after a quick search. I find a 201 model, but not a 210.





If the flash has only 1 connection on the bottom, trigger voltage is your only concern. Your EOS 1000D *should* have a trigger voltage of 6 volts. Unless Canon snuck in the 250V shoe. I don't know for sure. Again, I can't find your flash listed here: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolt鈥?/a> , but the National brand flashes that are listed have trigger voltages all over the map. The site has a link to show you how to measure the trigger voltage if you have a meter.





Check you camera manual for either a trigger voltage, or a warning along the line of ';do not use a flash with trigger voltage higher than X';.

No comments:

Post a Comment