Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I tell if someone has been using a flash drive on my computer?

Just like the title says, I need to find out if someone has been using a flash drive on my computer, but I don't know what to look for.





How can I tell if someone has been using a flash drive on my computer?
Try using USBdeview:





http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices鈥?/a>





It will list all the USB devices that are connected to your PC, including ones that were connected previously. You can also see the date and time it was last connected. that might help you work out if somebody has been plugging in flash drives without your knowledge.How can I tell if someone has been using a flash drive on my computer?
I don't think there is a way to find out if there was someone using a flash drive on your computer unless you find it in the computer. You plug it in, transfer the data, and take it out, their primary purpose and usually the device leaves nothing behind.





Actually check to see what hardware is installed on that computer, it maybe in there but otherwise it is slim chances and finding out if someone used a Flash Drive on that computer.
go into ';my computer'; and into ';add or remove'; programs, when the list comes up of programs installed on your computer, you should see adobe flash player there and give you the option to remove it.... If you never installed this then someone else may have.





hope this helps! :-)
I knew that a flash drive always leaves its ';signature'; in the registry---now from nirsoft.net we can actually load a program to find out who dunnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment